Tratok forum lottery, now daily for the next two weeks

Click here to join the fun

Tratok has ZERO tolerance for fraud

Please take a moment to read the latest update

Anti Fraud Measures - Everyone please read

The latest announcements and developments.
admin
Site Admin

Anti Fraud Measures - Everyone please read

Post by admin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:36 am

It has come to the team's attention that there is still rampant and blatant abuse of the system, despite the KYC measures. Apparently, botmasters believe they can get away simply with paying people to take the selfies for them. They are misguided.

Tratok Ltd has a dedicated KYC team in place that checks every detail carefully and will not be repeating the mistakes of the past. The company has spent significant sums of money developing this project and we will not let it and the community be jeopardised by opportunistic thieves. If you want a project that tolerates fraud and bots, find another one, Tratok is about delivering products to the world, not pennies to scammers. We want a real community, not one of fake profiles, smoke and mirrors.

This is costing the project both time and money, as a result, we have implemented two additional antifraud measures from traffic forensic providers to protect against IP's that are known to be bots, are registered in abuse databases or are VPN's. In addition, many accounts (in excess of 500) have failed to verify their forum registrations.

Over the next few days, Tratok will take the following measures:

1.) Forum registrations for those who have not confirmed their forum accounts will be reset to pending until verified. The board software has sent already an automated reminder to registrants, yet it appears to have been largely ignored. This changes today.

2.) Registrations from known blacklisted IPs will be notified and their KYC status voided.

3.) Registrations from VPNs will be contacted and their KYC status reset to pending. The users will be given one chance to rectify the situation.

4.) Additional filters have been added to the registration form to ensure that people have actually READ THE RULES and that a larger amount of fraudulent traffic sources are filtered out.

NOTE: Many people, mainly the fraudsters will complain and say this is an attempt to pay out less Tratok. In order to clarify that this is not the case and ensure full transparency, details on compensation to previously qualified submissions that have now been detected as fraudulent will be made available in everyone's login profiles. What will happen to these funds? They will be distributed equally among all legitimate users as a bonus on 31st August 2019. Tratok rewards honesty and loyalty.

okoriemeka

Re: Anti Fraud Measures - Everyone please read

Post by okoriemeka » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

Excellent measures!
Please sustain all measures.

EkeBarth

Post by EkeBarth » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:36 pm

That is very Good, But unfortunately the measure is reporting me DR EKE BARTHOLOMEW AS a BOT. ADMIN I AM NOT A BOT PLEASE CORRECTLY REVERT BACK MY Account for the Non-KYC to KYC. I HAVE RESPONDED TO THE IP ADDRESS ISSUES to a MAIL I SENT TO SUPPORT.

IF YOU ARE FLAGGED IN ERROR PLEASE FOLLOW ME AND CONTACT SUPPORT. IT IS COOL TO FILTER THE SYSTEM.

EkeBarth

Post by EkeBarth » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm

ANTI FRAUD MEASURES- GENUINE USERS HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

The new measure adopted by TRATOK and their team to CLEANS the system of BOTS is highly recommendable given the following reasons:
1. Genuine Users get rewarded for their effort in Promoting and making Trat visible

2. The value of TRAT they get increases in value because they will not be willing to sell at give away price since they know that they actually
put up effort at earning it.
3. It gives the TRAT Team the assurance that they are getting value for their money - "TRAT Give Away".
4. The overall result is higher value for TRAT in the open market.

HOWEVER, A GENUINE USER CAN BE MISTAKENLY FLAGGED AS a BOT which was my case. Such users can always humbly report to TRATOK support or Admin presenting their case. In the wisdom of the KYC Team I believe they will do the write thing and un-ban the users just as they did in my case.

But remember IT IS NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL for non-Genuine Users.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 pm

EkeBarth wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm
ANTI FRAUD MEASURES- GENUINE USERS HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

The new measure adopted by TRATOK and their team to CLEANS the system of BOTS is highly recommendable given the following reasons:
1. Genuine Users get rewarded for their effort in Promoting and making Trat visible

2. The value of TRAT they get increases in value because they will not be willing to sell at give away price since they know that they actually
put up effort at earning it.
3. It gives the TRAT Team the assurance that they are getting value for their money - "TRAT Give Away".
4. The overall result is higher value for TRAT in the open market.

HOWEVER, A GENUINE USER CAN BE MISTAKENLY FLAGGED AS a BOT which was my case. Such users can always humbly report to TRATOK support or Admin presenting their case. In the wisdom of the KYC Team I believe they will do the write thing and un-ban the users just as they did in my case.

But remember IT IS NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL for non-Genuine Users.
This has happened to many people as a result of circumstance. For example, many in Russia have to use VPNs to get to social media websites etc and of course many of these VPNS have been abused in the past, hence why they show up in a fraud database. I believe the system is fair, it an IP shows up as having a history of abuse, the system puts a hold on the account and sends an email to the user asking them to contact support. A genuine user can then take 2 mins to write an email to support and resolve the situation, as many have.

Such measures are taken to protect the community and actually cost Tratok money to implement. We are doing it because we care about our userbase. I am glad you contacted the team and got it sorted.

T.Chimex

Post by T.Chimex » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:48 am

good measure... some people are just so wicked. or maybe to greedy to think of the lights

amant

Post by amant » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 am

thats good measure to stop fraud and also fair distribution and stabalisation of TRATOK

cripto101

Post by cripto101 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm

LioDlhl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:41 am
cripto101 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am
What Measures are put in place for Fraud. Such as Creating Multiple Accounts and Donating to one ?

As for me the Donation should be monitored.

People who do not have the Goodness of the project at heart can do this .

Just an idea. The donation option should be strictly monitored .
Wrong topic for this post. You will find the anti-fraud measures here :
https://tratok.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38&p=239#p239
Please post your remarks / suggestions there.

Thank you.
Admin also put measures in place so the donation should not be abused too.
Though you may put measures to counteract bots and fake accounts, some may slip through,
an the other Avenue where they can exploit is the Donate Option.