Tratok forum lottery, now daily for the next two weeks

Click here to join the fun

Tratok has ZERO tolerance for fraud

Please take a moment to read the latest update

How to participate in the forum

Because Tratok is about bringing the world closer together. We invite you to make new friends and share ideas and experiences. Please NO SPAM though.
Shephard

How to participate in the forum

Post by Shephard » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:04 pm

I create this post to help newbies and people who are not new but find it somehow difficult to participate fully in the forum. For instance, someone may want to create a post like this one, reply or comment on the post but don't know how to go about it. You know, replying to a post and commenting on a post are two different things. So, I'll be explaining certain things to the best of my knowledge about the forum that will help us participate fully for those who don't like been a student all the time.
Always login to check out what's new and you'll learn something new.

Miner47

Re: How to participate in the forum

Post by Miner47 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:21 pm

In my opinion, this is good idea and I will be read all your comments and explanations.

Shephard

Post by Shephard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Miner47 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:21 pm
In my opinion, this is good idea and I will be read all your comments and explanations.
Good to hear

Shephard

Post by Shephard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:53 pm

POST, REPLY, REPLY-QT AND NOTIFICATION
I want start with these four because that's the first thing you should know. To POST means to create or open a conversation with other members of the forum. To REPLY means the response you get from the members. The REPLY-QT means reply quoted text, this is the direct response to a specific post or reply and NOTIFICATION is an alert that informs you that you have a REPLY or REPLY-QT. So let's take it one after the other.

We start with how to make a post or air your views on a topic kind of. There are different channels in the forum where you can post something; the social channel where what you're reading now is posted, the channel where you can see the companies information, another channel for promotions as well as development and news about tratok and so forth.
Once you navigate to the channel you wish to make a post on, you will see "New Topic" with a pen icon beside it. Click on it, a new window will open where you can make your post. Type your topic in the subject box provided and then what you have for the members of the forum in a bigger box below. Once you are done, you will see Save draft, Preview and Submit below the box. Save draft if you don't want to post it immediately, preview to go through what you have composed and probably see how it looks if you decide to post it, and then submit if you are ready to show us what you got.

This is when you want to comment on a post. For instance, to reply to this post you simply click on the topic and scroll down to the last comment. You will see "Post Reply", click on it and a window will open for you where you can make your reply.

REPLY-QT
This also involves making a comment but a specific comment, that is, you reply specifically to a certain post or a certain reply in a post. To do this, before that specific comment you wish to reply to, you will see an open quotation mark . Click on it and it will open with that specific comment you wish to reply directly. Scroll down and make your reply below the quoted comment.

NOTIFICATIONS
This will alert you when a reply is made to your post or your comment. Be it a post, reply or reply-qt always check "☑ Notify me when a reply is posted". The box is unchecked by default, so check it to get notifications. The notification button is usually at the top with a bell 🔔 icon before it and the number of notifications you get beside it. If you did not see anything, is either you have no reply yet or you did not check the box.
Hope this helps...

Miner47

Post by Miner47 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Sure. Very useful information as a MemoNote.

Shephard

Post by Shephard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Miner47 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm
Sure. Very useful information as a MemoNote.
Glad to hear that, thanks.

amant

Post by amant » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Thank you for providing very useful information :D

Juolia77

Post by Juolia77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:16 pm

amant wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm
I agree too.

Shephard

Post by Shephard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:18 pm

amant wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm
Glad to hear that and am happy to be of help.

Shephard

Post by Shephard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 am

EDIT, DELETE AND REPORT
Let us talk about the EDIT, DELETE and REPORT button. As usual, we take them one after the other.

EDIT
Sometimes you make a comment on a topic and later go through that comment and somehow you are not satisfied kind of, and you want to add or remove something in it. This is the point where you make use of the edit button. Yesterday as I was reading through people's comment on the forum, I saw someone making a complain and creating different comments. Such would have been better and well organized if the person used the edit button, this will make readers understand the comments proper and also make the topic he/she is commenting on neat because scattered comments can confuse the readers.
The edit button usually appears once you comment on a topic, you will see it above your comment as a pen ✏ icon. The icon is visible only to your comments and not other people's comment. So when you click on the icon, a window will open for you where you can alter (add or remove words to) your comment.

DELETE
Like the edit button, the delete button also appear after you have successfully comment on a topic. There are reasons why people will choose to delete their comment in a topic after posting it. So the delete button is made available for that, once you click on the delete button or the icon, a window will pop up where you can indicate your reason for deleting the comment which is only visible to the moderators. You will find the delete button beside the edit button and the icon is ✖ (multiplication sign).

Unlike the edit and delete button, the report button is shown on every post. Once you or any member of the forum makes a post or comment, the button appears on it. The icon is❗(an exclamation mark) and it is same place with the edit, delete and reply-qt button but it is usually shown with reply-qt button because you can't see other people's edit and delete button.
The report button is used to report posts that violates the forum rules.
When you click on the report button from icon, a window will open for you to make the report and you will see a box below "Reason:" where you will choose why you are making the report. By default you will be notified once the matter is handled and a bigger box, "Further information:" is also available where you can give more details of your report. However, you can leave it empty if any of the above reasons in the "Reason:" box has already explain what you want to report.
Thanks for your time and I hope you learn something.